- How we use your information to provide Bourton House Garden’s Services
- How we use your information to contact you
- What happens to your information when we don’t need to use it anymore
- How we keep your information secure
- Your rights in relation to your information
- How we use social media
- Your rights when you follow links to external websites
- How you can ask for more information, ask a question, or make a complaint
- Using your information to provide Bourton House Garden’s Services
Bourton House Garden offers the following Services: visits to the garden,with occasionally a guided tour of the latter, and to the Tithe Barn where teas and cakes are served. We may collect and hold personal information that identifies clients, intermediaries, suppliers and other third parties linked to our clients. We only collect the data we need in order to provide the Services you have asked for.
You are not obliged to provide any personal information, but if you choose to, we will be able to provide you with the above Services and/or respond to your enquiries.
When you enquire about our Services, the personal information you make available to us, may be used to:
- – Respond to enquiries, offer Services, and agree Terms of Business
- – Communicate with you about the Services you have asked us to provide and inform you of changes that affect those Services
There are occasions where it is in our interest to collect and process your information, for example:
- – Analysing details of the number of visits to our website and the pages visitors view allows us to update and improve it. This allows us to make your visits to our website more interesting and informative.
- – To make you aware of additional or new Services that we feel could be of benefit to you and will complement the Services we already provide.
- – providing and supporting the IT systems in which your information is stored
- – managing the serving of Teas and Cakes in the Tithe Barn
- – events arranged by Bourton House Garden
Using your contact details
From time to time we may send you notices about the Services you have asked us to provide, changes to our Terms and Conditions, or changes that could affect the service we provide. This is important information that keeps you informed about Services you have asked us to provide.
We may also send you emails containing newsletters and articles, information about additional Services provided by Bourton House Garden, or invitations to events we are organising, attending or sponsoring. You can opt-out of receiving these messages by contacting us at www.bourtonhouse.com.
We never sell or lease your personal information or share it with other organisations outside Bourton House Garden for marketing purposes.
Storing and deleting your information
The amount of time we keep your personal information will vary depending on your relationship with Bourton House Garden. Where there is no legal requirement, we assess how long we reasonably need to keep your information in order to deal with potential queries. Such information will be stored in our physical and/or electronic archives until we reasonably expect that we should no longer keep them. At that point the information will be permanently deleted.
Keeping your information secure
We take the security of personal information and confidential documents seriously. Bourton House Garden endeavours to comply with data protection legislation where we operate and to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful use of confidential information. We restrict access to personal information to Bourton House Garden employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us. They are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and they may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Subject to some exceptions, you have the right to:
- – know whether Bourton House Garden is processing your personal information
- – request a copy of the personal information Bourton House Garden holds about you
- – have any inaccuracies corrected or/and have incomplete personal data completed
- – have your personal data erased if it is no longer needed
- – ask Bourton House Garden to restrict the processing of your data
- – object to Bourton House Garden processing your data
- – object to processing that is carried out in Bourton House Garden’s legitimate interests
- – make a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority or regulator
Bourton House Garden may use a number of social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. We may receive some information about you from these sites when you interact with us or access our social media content. The amount of information we receive is governed by your social media account privacy settings and the policies and procedures of each social media platform.
Links to external sites
The Bourton House Garden website contains links to other websites which are not controlled by Bourton House Garden. We are not responsible for the privacy of those sites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of each one when you visit external sites so that you understand how those other organisations are using your personal information.
Queries and complaints
If you have any concerns about the way we process your personal information, we would prefer that you contact us to discuss your concerns. You also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the UK where Bourton House Garden, who collected your information, is located.