BOURTON HOUSE GARDEN IS NOW OPEN
Guidance for Visitors during the Covid 19 outbreak.
Under the latest Government rules, you are welcome to visit the Bourton House Garden and Tree Walk (behind the parking) to enjoy nature’s beauty, smell the flowers and have a lovely open air, well needed rest and recreation.
- Visitors are welcome, subject to respecting social distancing of 2 metres!
- Members from the same household, including children, do not have to social distance from each other.
- Please do not visit Bourton House Garden if you have any symptoms – fever, coughs, and shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste. See NHS guidelines on-line if this applies.
- Entrance admission tickets (£ 8 per person) can be purchased at the entrance, preferably by contactless payment to limit the spread of Covid 19 and keep you and our staff safe.
- Please ensure you continue to observe social distancing and maintain 2 metres distance from ALL other visitors and our staff. Please be patient if asked to queue at 2m spacings near the entrance. We will be trying our best to give you access to the Garden as quickly as possible.
- Please avoid touching surfaces (such as gates or hand-rails) and your mouth and face. Please follow Public Health England advice on hygiene. We have 70% alcohol hand gel which is available in the hand sanitation dispensers at the entrance and toilets.
- Toilets – A hand sanitizer dispenser is located outside and inside the toilets. Please use before entering and when leaving. Soap and water are available inside toilets as well as toilet seat and handle sanitizer dispensers located within the toilet cubicle for you to use.
- Please pay attention to instructions provided by us. We may put temporary measures in place to safeguard you including limiting the number of visitors.
- Please do not use areas of the grounds that have been taped off as ‘closed’. These areas could be where the gardeners are working. Gardeners will be wearing high visibility jackets. Please keep at least 2 m distance from them including if and when you have questions for them.
- Please take all your litter home with you.
- 1st Aid – Please be particularly safety conscious, and be aware that it would be very difficult to treat you whilst maintaining social distancing guidelines of <2m>. Staff will help you where possible. They may have to pass you plasters etc and advise you on minor injuries, only getting physically involved if injuries are extreme. You may be asked politely by staff to attend Moreton A+E which is only 2 miles away (5 minutes’ drive) from Bourton House Garden where they will have equipment and protocols in place to protect you from Covid-19 infection whilst you are being treated.
- The Barn where teas and cakes are normally made available remains closed at the moment by law. If and when this is allowed, we will make teas and cakes available on a takeaway basis behind the barn in the open air.
- Please be safe and stay safe whilst visiting the garden. We appreciate your support and hope you enjoy your visit.